Niagara Falls, Canada

Built in 1940 as part of the war effort, the site was owned by the Canadian government and managed by Cyanamid. Phosphine production began in the late 1960s at Welland with the construction of a pilot plant and a significant phosphine and derivatives expansion in 2014. Welland now has the world’s largest facility for producing phosphine and phosphine derivatives.